Hi, My name is Jo-Ann McMurray. I am the president of the Banner Elk Chamber of Commerce.
I would like to introduce you to Banner Elk Chambers new website "Banner Elk Topics". The purpose of the blog is to keep our members and you advised of  Chamber events and news, to discuss topics related to the town of Banner Elk, and comments that have to do with Banner Elk and Avery County.

As Chamber president I will shy away from Religious and political topics, as it is the policy of the Chamber to remain neutral in these areas. A blog is a place where you can have discussions on many topics. So, therefore every week myself or another board member will select a topic which will be open to the public to receive comments. The comments will be screened by myself or another board member for proper language before posting for view.

The blog is a tool I think can be useful to keep us all aware of community events, important news discussions, light subject matter, etc. Banner Elk is experiencing a growth spurt, and the blog can be a useful tool to newcomers seeking information about our town and its resources, just as the Chamber does now.

I hope you will find Banner Elk Topics informative, useful and will participate in our discussions, and I look forward to hearing your comments and opinions. What would you like to discuss on this blog? Send me a comment!


Comments

  1. I like this blog idea. How about a blog post, what's your favorite new thing in Banner Elk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite new thing in Banner Elk is Bodaga restaurant. Great food, good service, priced right and Paul and Jocelyn are a great couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. The food is great, the service is friendly and warm. I tried the food once and now I find myself picking up a sandwich to go a couple few times this is my new favorite restaurant

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog